Wednesday, February 4, 2009

urban bride

as i mentioned earlier, gerardo and i like to organize our own shoots to keep our creativity flowing. we also like to use regular women, not professional models. this is important since not all brides are professional models and should not be expected to pose as such. however, it also shows that ANYONE can do this.. it just takes some relaxing and a willingness to have fun. melissa is a good friend of ours who we thought would be fun to shoot. she's never modeled before, but she worked it like a pro! she wasn't concerned that she would look fat, or dumb, or unatural...she just went with the flow and had a great time.

we realize this shoot is more of a trash the dress, and that most bridal sessions are more carefully shot. not many brides want to get downtown mcallen dirt all over their dress before the wedding day :) just remember to relax and have fun!

check the photoblog for pics.

~angela




this film was shot and edited by gerardo

8 comments:

  1. Gerardo & Angela: I seriously love the video. My favorite part is her running in the parking lot while looking back at the camera. I also love the video below of "A day with Gerardo." Whatever video camera you guys have works great!!!! I really did enjoy the videos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed your photography blog for awhile, but I am in love with your video blog!!! when I get married I will absolutely call you!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kim - thanks sis! iam glad you like :)

    jenny - give us a call anytime, and thanks for the comment! we love getting them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, I love the whole urban bride idea..that is why I love your work. You are so creative. You not only think outside of the box..you recreate it! Love it! I cannot wait till that is me in those pictures!

    Maria Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pics love the videos.. i am deeply considering you guys to take our wedding pictures..you guys are amazing...and also hopefully make a video for us thanks....KEVIN & ELISE... WEDDING DEC./?/2009

    ReplyDelete
  6. eduardoolveraSANJOSETEAM
    me gusta todo tu trabajo,, ya vi pedasos y algunos ya ocmpletitos,, la neta esta de poca.. buena vibra y gran talento

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevin and Elise...give us a call! we are booking up for December and would love to shoot your wedding :) 956.789.5620

    ReplyDelete